Saturday, December 19, 2009

And One For All You Mack Brown Fans


Hey, a gal can have more than one loyalty. At least my loyalties are split between a pro baseball team and a college football team. Right? So the two teams are based quite far apart. I think the premise of the movie "Road Trip" was about some duffuses who confuse "Boston" with "Austin" and drive across the state of Kentucky (as well as many other, less entertaining states) for no reason at all. Why am I explaining my different tastes in sports teams to you anyway? I'm pretty sure you don't care. Of course I have to have some content here.

And hey, look at those Longhorns and their precious Colt McCoy winningist quarterback ever! And champs of the Big 12 and headed to Pasadena for a little Rosebowl championship ! Having never attended the University of Texas, I feel a little like a poser saying things like "Hook 'em!" ... but I will always find the voice to sing,

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.

Do not think you can escape them,
Rise so early in the morn.

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
Til Gabriel blows his horn...

Texas Fight! Texas Fight!
And it's goodbye to A&M!
Texas Fight, Texas Fight!
And we'll pull over one more win!

Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
For it's Texas that we love best!
Give 'em hell! Give 'em hell! Go horns go!
And it's goodbye to all the rest.

Yay orange! Yay white! Yay Longhorns!
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Well, there's more of that one, but I'm kinda tired of typing. Now if I could just divide the Camp Mystic dining hall into two parts, one side yells, "Texas" and the other "Fight" and we're going all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment