Monday, February 25, 2008

Adventures in Gardening, One

The view from my bedroom is really sad.

Scratch that--WAS really sad. I decided I couldn't stand to look at the concrete and barren wall any longer. So, four trips to the hardware store (Ok, three different hardware stores, one got a double visit!) and a stop at Jackson's Pottery later, I've got a little garden. Well, the start of a garden anyway. Texas is still on frost watch for three more weeks, so when that passes, I'll be adding more flowers. I have some patio furniture to add, too, but I've yet to get that ready for its blog debut!

My potted plant collection is all planted! I can't get rid of the concrete, but I covered it with a nice, plush astroturf (From Lowes, $35). I bought plants that are supposed to be all but bad-owner proof. I've had a weak track record thus far in keeping greenery alive, but I'm really going to try to get to know these little plants and keep them happy.
My shiny new watering can has me motivated to keep the plants happy and their roots nice and wet!

The picture from the top of this post, as well as the one directly above this line-o-text were taken this morning. The sun was setting on my garden last night; I didn't get to take any "after" pictures then. But I took a few shots this morning, to give you an idea of how it looks in the light of day. These are my little green plants! A type of ivy, a fancy crawling bushy plant and two varieties of grass. Well, it's better than just plain dirt!

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice gardening blog. The book is really good too!

    http://www.yougrowgirl.com/

    ReplyDelete