Thursday, March 27, 2008

Welcome to the Church Wreath

What are you supposed to give a friend when that friend decides to become Catholic? My mom pretty much nabbed the "large book collection" gift category, and I'd already given him a rosary... And well, Catholic gifts are pretty much aimed at the blue-haired grannies set or 6-year-olds who are receiving first Holy Communion. And since my friend who became Catholic last Saturday was a 33-year-old guy's guy, the options were limited indeed.

So I crafted him a wreath of holy cards covered in glitter. Yeah, that's right. It's a pretty ridiculous item and will likely not be hung on a wall anytime soon, but I'd been itching to use the gluegun and I haven't played with glitter since Christmas. So here it is, wrapped in tissue paper and in a cardboard box, ready to be shipped up to Tennessee where Jason lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment